Hello! This is my 4K texture pack page for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D!
Some general info regarding this texture pack which you should read before you download it;
There are ~6100 textures in total in the game (I have tried to dump every single one, however I may have missed a few). Out of these textures a few hundred have been completely re-textured. Many other textures have been been up-scaled using A.I upscaling. Some filtered textures have been modified or changed entirely to look better as well. Some textures remain completely untouched until I've worked on them since some textures look bad when upscaled.
I am completely up for suggestions, changes and submissions. You will of course be fully credited for any work you submit.
The 4K version of the texture pack is scaled to 8x the default resolution, this means that (if internal resolution is increased in Citra) you may be able to view some textures at a staggering 6832x3480 resolution! The 1080p version is scaled to 4x the default resolution, which results to slightly above 1080p.
My goal with this texture pack is to enhance the original game visuals while staying faithful to the original vision. That means my textures are meant to blend in as much as possible with the old textures so the game feel doesn't change.
This texture pack is for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on the Nintendo 3DS only. There are no plans to port it to the N64 version.
This texture pack will work with any custom mods / hacks of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as long as they aren't adding new textures or changing old ones (in that case, conflicting textures will be overwritten by one another but it will still work).
A custom preset version of the Citra Emulator is included with the texture pack to make the setup as easy and painless as possible (starts in seconds!)
There is no 60 FPS patch available as of yet. You can however play the game on a modern TV with active frame interpolation to get a faked 60 FPS, at the cost of increased input lag.
Currently, only NTCS and PAL textures have been modified. You can still use this texture pack on Japanense / Korean versions of the game in Citra, it will still work. This will not include the Jap/Kor region specific textures though.
If you don't like the way my texture pack looks over the Wii U version, please note that all post processing can be modified easily from user to user to fit your own preference, you can make it look however you like. Press the "HOME" key on your keyboard while in-game to open the ReShade menu, where you can edit the post processing to your heart's content!
Why would I play this over the N64 version?
There are many reasons why you would want to play the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time with a HD Texture Pack over the old N64 version. Here are some I've listed out the top of my head;
Better visuals (Higher resolution textures, higher quality models, depth of field, ambient occlusion, global illumination, tonemapping, post processing shaders and even ray tracing in the future!)
Extremely easy to install and use
Stereoscopic 3D support
Supports gyroscope and motion controls (if you have a device compatible with such)
30 FPS instead of 20 FPS and the list goes on...
(Please watch in 1440p, 60 FPS for the best experience!)
There is no installation! A custom version of the Citra Emulator is provided alongside the texture pack. Simply extract the folder somewhere on your PC (preferably on your fastest hard drive) and start Citra using "Zelda OOT3D 4K.exe". If you're on Mac or Linux, please manually download Citra Canary from this page for your operating system and copy all the folders from the texture pack over to your default Citra directory.
(By Spyro Chris and Elizabeth Pant)
Download PS4 Buttons Patch (Normal 3DS Layout) (Optional)
(By Spyro Chris and Elizabeth Pant, modified by tvloidw)
Multi-Language support! This includes German, French and Spanish.
Selecting your game region is now way easier and less confusing than before;
All you need to do now, if you’re using the European version of Ocarina of Time 3D , click the " Run this if you’re using the PAL (European) version of the game.bat " file inside the texture pack folder. Done! It’ll now work great with your version of the game. Easy, right?
New terrain textures in Hyrule Field, and new textures in Kakariko Village!
This includes walls, ground textures, buildings and more!
MXAO has been fixed thanks to help from GRECCO#0720 on Discord, thank you!
This means you can now experience glorious self shadowing around objects, which looks really great with OOT’s fantasy art style. Try it out by doing the following:
Set your game view to “Single” in Citra.
Set your resolution to 9x in the Graphics Settings in Citra.
Press the “HOME” button on your keyboard, this will bring up the ReShade UI.
Check the “MXAO” box in the list of effects.
Go to the “Advanced” tab in ReShade and check the box next to the depth buffer in the list with the highest value (it should be a very high number while all others are 0).
This update also includes minor improvements to the visuals (including shader tweaks) as well as many bug fixes .
Time time around I've focused on covering areas that previously had not been worked on at all. This includes;
The Bottom of the Well
Parts of some dungeons
Secrets areas in holes, etc.
Added the ability to control the bottom touch screen using a gamepad or a controller!
Added HD maps and minimaps
Much simplified installation process with preset settings!
* Fixed the infamous rainbow / colored dots bug that plagued a majority of the textures from last update!
* Likely fixed all texture corruption bugs by transferring the alpha bitmap from the original dumped textures over to the HD textures. Needs proper testing, please report to me if the jumbled textures/corrupted textures bug still occurs!
* Minor fixes and changes
* Added [alternate PS4 button layot (optional)
* There is now an optional PS4 Buttons Patch available thanks to the hard work by the users Spyro Chris and Elizabeth Pant. Thank you!
* Minor bug fixes and changes.
* Many bug fixes and minor changes.
* Fixed the “corrupted texture” bug for most textures, including the Master Sword Holster, the Water Temple and the Fire Temple, Zora King and more. If you find more textures with the corruption bug, please report to me on Discord.
* Link’s face on the game-select screen is no longer glitched after the game is completed.
* Gorons now have a higher resolution texture sheet (W.I.P)
* Improved texture quality and sharpness on many of the textures.
* Improved skin textures for multiple NPCs.
* Many bug fixes and minor changes.
* Improved texture quality and sharpness on over 60 textures.
* 28 new HD textures have been added, a majority of them are dungeon related!
* Ganon's textures are no longer glitched!
* All 7 tree types have new textures [see example here]
* Various bug fixes and changes. Including fixes for the Sheikah stone textures and the chest textures.
* Over 30 re-worked textures for improved quality.
* Minor update with various changes and improvements. Text is now much clearer and the title screen has been slightly updated as well.
* Updated download link to make downloading the texture pack as easy as possible.
* Added over 700 high quality filtered textures, all hand checked and verified to make sure they reach a certain quality.
* Roughly 50 hand edited textures, including various HUD elements.
* Fixed an error where the title screen didn't show custom textures properly
* Prepared texture pack for .dds BC7 support once Citra adds it (smaller file size, same quality!)
* Added a READ_ME file with installation instructions
* Multiple NPCs' skin now render properly
* Fixed an issue where certain textures only displayed a black texture
* Improved quality of various textures
* Initial release.
* Initial release